· It is compulsory for all students to attend the General Assembly in the morning at 8.50a.m. Student should arrive at school arrive at school before the call bell rings for Morning Roll Call at 8.50a.m. Students arriving habitually late will be sent home.
· Late comers must bring an application from their parents/guardians otherwise they will be sent home. No child shall leave the school premises during school hours without the permission of the Principal or Teacher in-charge and a Proper Gate-pass.
· Care must be taken of all school property and no student should scratch, spoil the desks or chairs or damage any school furniture, write or draw any thing on the walls or in any way damage thing s belonging to others. Students who are negligent will be charged for the damage.
· No parent is permitted to enter the classrooms. Parents are not allowed to meet teachers during school hours without prior appointment, permission for which has to be sought from the principal.
· The school reserves the right to dismiss a student who is irregular in attendance, whose progress in studies is unsatisfactory or whose conduct in the school or outside is harmful to other students or whose guardians show little interest in the progress of their wards. Immorality, grave insubordination, discourtesy or disrespect to teachers, contempt of authority and intentional damage to property are always sufficient reasons for dismissal.
· Indiscipline and perpetual late coming and irregularity will entail dismissal/expulsion from school.
· No parents are allowed in the class for celebrating Birthday parties.
· Students suffering from any infectious disease must complete the quarantine period before rejoining school. This should be indicated on the medical certificate duly signed by a competent doctor.
· Al students are expected to speak only in English at school and we request the parents to encourage the students to do so at home as well.
· All students shall bring the school diary to school every day. Parents are expected to check the diary daily and sign wherever required.
· No valuable articles and gold ornaments to be worn by the children. School is not responsible for goods, money or ornament lost.
· Students are not allowed to wear bangles, peals, mehendi, tattoes and nail polish to school.
· Unit Test marks/Grades shall also be added in the Report Cards.
· Boys MUST have a short hair cut always. Long hair will NOT be permitted at school.
· Girls with long hair must have their hair in two plaits with Blue/white Ribbons.
· It is COMPULSORY for all students to be in PROPER SCHOOL UNIFORM and only SCHOOL SOCKS and BLACK/WHITE Shoes.
· Students who are not in proper school Uniform, Shoes and Socks will be sent home.
· Parents are requested to send students in perfect uniform always.
· The ward of those parents, who avoid meeting the authorities, when advised to do so, may not be allowed to attend the classes.
Leave & Absence
1. No one who was absent on the previous day will be allowed to enter the class without producing a leave note duly signed by the parents. Provision for leave up to three days is in the diary.
2. Should a child be absent on ground of ill health, medical certificate should be submitted along with parent’s application for leave.
3. No child who is ill should be sent to the school until he/she recovers fully
4. Absence for more than 3 days immediately after summer vacations, repeated absence for 15 consecutive days renders the student liable to have his/her name struck off. Re-admission granted will be subject to the vacancy and at the discretion of the principal and only on payment of a fresh admission fee.
Rule of Dismissal
1. The school reserves the right to dismiss a student whose diligence and progress in studies are steadily unsatisfactory, whose conduct is harmful to other students, objectionable moral behavior, grave insubordination, discourtesy / disrespect or contempt of authority, these are sufficient reason for immediate dismissal.
2. Any student found guilty of mal – practices in tests and examinations and who has an un whole – same influence on fellow – mates may be expelled permanently or suspended frank. It school for specific period by the head of the institution.
School Days and Hours:
Monday to Saturday 09.00 am to 4.15 pm
FIRST BELL -08.55 AM
SECOND BELL -09.00 AM
ASSEMBLY/PRAYER -09.05 AM to 09.20 AM
FIRST PERIOD -09.20 AM to 10.05 AM
SECOND PERIOD -10.05 AM to 10.50 AM
BREAK -10.50 AM to 11.00 AM
THIRD PERIOD -11.00 AM to 11.45 AM
FOURTH PERIOD -11.45 AM to 12.30 PM
LUNCH BREAK -12.30 PM to 01.25 PM
FIRST BELL AFTER LUNCH -01.25 PM
SECOND BELL -01.30 PM
FIFTH PERIOD -01.30 PM to 02.20 PM
SIXTH PERIOD -02.20 PM to 03.05 PM
BREAK -03.05 PM to 03.015 PM
SEVENTH PERIOD -03.15 PM to 04.10 PM
NATIONAL ANTHEM -04.15 PM
To Parents / Guardians
· Good education is a joint effort of the school and parents. Though the school can do a lot for the children it cannot do everything. The home is the first place where child gets his/her education. So education of your child can be completed only with the help of your full co-operation.
· Parents are advised to monitor their wards watching a T.V. programmes and allow only those programmes which are educative and morally conducive for the integral growth of their wards. The school will certainly be of any help to you in dealing with your wards. Habitual watching of movies/film songs may take the children away from realities of life.
· The child should be encouraged to cultivate habitual cleanliness in his/her work and person.
· It is the duty of the parents to see the child comes to school clean, neatly dressed and in time for the class.
· The parents are requested not to visit the teachers during the class hours and also not at their homes. All school matters will be discussed in the school office at the appointed time only, in emergency explicit permission is to be sought from the principal.
· Parents/guardians are expected to co-operate with the school in enforcing regularity and discipline in the children seeing that they prepare their lessons at home and take active and helpful interest in the activities of the school.
· Criticism of students, teachers or school is not to be done in the presence of students. Should you have a legitimate complaint, meet the principal.
· Should you feel that your child does not make the desired progress and you want to discuss the welfare of the child, you are advised to contact the principal after the first terminal examination.
· To take the students back home during the school hours, in case of emergency, the parents should come or the guardians should be sent with a letter from the parents and the child can be taken only with the written permission from the principal. No telephone calls will be entertained.
· Parents are particularly expected to sign the progress reports, occasional reports from teacher which are conveniently made in the school diary. These should be seen and countersigned regularly. Failure to do so may put the children into great inconvenience.
· Your children are lucky to be in Chavara Academy, Mavala for its aims at their integral growth. Special care is taken to make them good citizens and make their future bright. As it is said “Place Your Child in Safe Hands”
Parents Teachers Meet
· Parents are requested to attend all Parent Teachers meet and make good use of this occasion of building up mutual understanding between the parents and teachers with regard to the all-round progress of their wards. It is not a fault finding session, but legitimate complaints may be brought to the attention of the Principal/class teacher by all means without any delay. It will be very much appreciated and the identity of the parents/students will not be revealed to cause any effect.
· Parents/guardians should find out the progress and welfare of the child, by meeting the teachers on Parents Teachers Meeting day allotted in the school calendar.